About Monique and So Misguided
Photo credit: Kris Krug
SoMisguided.com is a litblog. I write about fiction and nonfiction books, Canadian books and any English-language book. I blog about book reviews, publishers, the publishing industry, and anything interesting about books, authors, publishing, technology and marketing. I am Canadian and I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Here's what I do.
The Day Job: Monique Sherrett (or Monique Trottier if you know my unmarried self) is the Chief Everything Officer of Boxcar Marketing, an internet consultancy with expertise in web strategy, online marketing, content development and online communities.
Stay in Touch on the Soc Meds
See the Boxcar Marketing Services page.
An expert in internet marketing and social media, Monique is the force behind the online promotional campaigns for the Harry Potter books, as well as the queen of several online marketing initiatives that placed publisher Raincoast Books at the forefront of the Canadian publishing industry in terms of technology use: Raincoast was the first Canadian publisher to start a literary podcast series and the first to blog; internationally they were among the top 5 publishers to implement new media strategies.
My work on social networking, corporate blogging, podcasting and personal blogging has led to speaking engagements at Vancouver's Word on the Street Festival and Wordfest: Banff-Calgary International Writers Festival. If you are a publisher looking for social media and online marketing expertise, give me a call. Contact me at Boxcar Marketing.
The other Monique: I write a personal blog about books, technology and the publishing industry right here at SoMisguided.com. I am a writer, editor, internet marketer, point-and-shoot photographer, web-aficionado and book reader. I created my first website in 1996 as part of an interactive design diploma. Now I blog.
This other Monique is also a public speaker and available for guest speaking duties on writing and editing for the web, usability and information architecture, online marketing and publicity, blogging, podcasting, general tech geekiness and the like.
Recent speaking engagements (ok, I had to stop in 2008, the list goes on and on and on):
- Lab with Leo episode 132
- Northern Voice panel moderator for authors who blog, February 2008
- frequent guest lecturer at Simon Fraser University
- guest speaker at the Association of Canadian Publishers, September 2007
- guest speaker at Book Publishers of Alberta professional development retreat, September 2007
- panelist at Reckoning 07 - guest speaker at Association of Book Publishers of BC professional development retreat, February 2007
- part of consultant group to WESTAF (Western States Arts Federation), August 2006
- panelist at WOTS (Word on the Street), Book Talks: Writing and the Web, September 2006
- panelist at Wordfest: Calgary/Banff International Writers Festival: Books and Blogs panel, October 2006.
Need a guest speaker? Want to talk business and how the web can work for you, how you can better integrate online plans with existing strategy? Drop me a line. monique at boxcarmarketing dot com
Contact me at Boxcar Marketing.
Monique at SoMisguided dot com
So Many Books ... So Little Time photo by Rachael Ashe